The Crisis Facing America
3 Major Medicare D plans and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) control 80% of the market, resulting in soaring prescription drug costs, decreasing competition, and fewer low-cost alternatives. The impact hits seniors the hardest and costs taxpayers billions of dollars.
Top reasons for this crisis:
PBMs contribute to over 50% of the increase in drug pricing.
Indy Health’s Answer
Create Medicare D plans that reduce prescription costs to consumers and improve transparency, combined with a Preferred Independent Pharmacy Network.
Indy Health was founded by a group of independent pharmacy owners from across the country who have first-hand knowledge of the effects high drug prices have on patients and the devastating effects of low reimbursements, DIR fees and preferred networks have on the survival of independent pharmacies.
We are creating innovative alternatives to the traditional Medicare D plan model along with creating a PBM and supplementary health services that address the needs of today’s complex healthcare market.
Indy Health is committed to making prescription drug plans more transparent while controlling costs. Our team has over 616 years of combined industry expert knowledge from these areas:
- Medicare D Plan that is majority owned and operated by independent pharmacy owners not to be sold down the road
- Minimum of 51% ownership by independent pharmacy owners for all Indy Health companies
- Create a sustainable entity that provides a preferred network for independent pharmacies
- Leverage Preferred Network to raise reimbursements, lower admin and DIR fees, and increase transparency
- Empower independent pharmacies to create their own formulary, MTM and be able to negotiate rebates
- Give independent pharmacies representation within the system
- Create a sustainable company that addresses complex healthcare problems
Current Total Market Size
Over $35 billion estimated by 2030
22,000 plus independent pharmacy networks and Independent pharmacy shareholders
Transparent reimbursements for independent pharmacies and transparent pricing and coverage for consumers
The number of eligible Medicare patients and patients who receive Medicare disability benefits is projected to double by 2030
These patients have multiple risk factors and take an average of 9-13 prescriptions or more
Macro Trends & Insights
46.3 million people on Medicare (80M by 2030)
Plans change every year and patients often rely on their pharmacy to recommend options
5 Unique Advantages
Other Med D PDPs
How We Stand Above the Big Three
22,000+ independent pharmacy network for preferred network. Pharmacy organization partners
Medicare D Plan owned and operated by independent pharmacy owners with the first Preferred Independent Pharmacy network
Indy Health Incorporated creates the formulary, negotiates with manufacturers, and provides MTM
Transparent pricing and reimbursements, profit sharing
Work with non-PBM chains